Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spreading the CO approach in JAPAN!

Makoto Arakaki (right in photo) of Okinawa Japan reports

Paul, I really like your strategy and very excited to work with you. I would be my dream come true if I can stir up things there (India) with you! I have done two workshops since I came back to Okinawa. One is with union workers at the seaport. It seems they have a problem with recruiting fresh blood to their union membership, so I went there to do workshop with them.

The other one is with local public teachers who have trouble with their authority in doing peace education.
Both groups need more time to work out their problems, and I am committed to them for a long term. I am also looking forward to working with my Cambodian team! Sivutha, Socheat and Nareth, let me know when you have your co workshop. I would love to work and have fun with you!

Serve the people,
makoto

Makoto Arakaki is the present Coordinator of the Okinawa NGO council and also a lecturer in the Okinawa Christian University.

3 comments:

jue said...

hi makoto,

nice to hear u out here. keep us posted please..

Paul said...

Dear Mako: Thanks a lot for your positive words.

If you are thinking of doing something in India then we need to have a legal permission - for that you need to tie up with an univ and i can try for that.

Let me know about your plan. regads
Paul

Paul said...

Dear Mako: hope you are fine. One of my friend in Delhi is supporting Indian artisans with a guarantee income for 200 days in a year. they are looking for tie up in Japan and Germany with fair trade organizations. will you be interested to talk to them?