Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nareth trains young organisers in Cambodia!

Editor's note: Nareth was a full time staff from YRDP Cambodia and has recently completed the SEAPCP Advance CO course in Kuala Lumpur.


In August this year after the SEAPCP ADVANCE CO COURSE, I just recently designed community organizing course in Khmer Language ( Handouts) already for a youth group of YRDP called "Young Leaders for Social Accountability" and provided a 24 hours training workshop for them. And now they have become organisers for a community in Kandal Province. Now I produced 15 outside young CO's from that community. They are starting to organize and engage villagers to involve actively in demanding good governance, transparency, planning commune development and so on.

This goup of youth will be the outside CO's for that community for a year and at the same time they have to find and create the inside young CO's for that community to take over their roles when the project finnishes in late 2010.

Now YRDP has community organizing course handouts in Khmer Language (References from Jo Hann Tan) I will continue to update you all on what is going on with them, what are their challenges and their successes

I received a job offer from an NGO in Cambodia called "Village Earth" working in Slum areas in the urban areas. Their main work is to improve the livelihood of slum communities through mobilizing their resources using a bottom up approach to development. I will be their Development and Mobilizing Program Advisor. I will start working with this NGO in early of 2010, and I will be working a lot with the grassroots people. I am writing a diary about my CO work with those communities and will share it with you all when I have the chance!

Hem Nareth, YRDP Cambodia


2 comments:

anuka said...

hi Nareth!
great job! Zola

jue said...

good work! keep it up!