Sunday, January 11, 2009

Story of Agung from Bali

Sorry I did not active on email when I was in Poland to joined COP 14 UNFCCC. My finger was freezing on -2 C so I couldn't put it on my computer in last whole month. Now, my body is trying to adapt with 32 C in Bali....(I think a good time to swim in Sanur Beach,,.does anyone want to join me?)

Two days ago myself and Bali Collaboration on Climate Change team went to Lembongan Island. We have a research program on climate change impacts in small island. We started to organize young peoples become local researchers. We need to explain about our program and climate change issue..We were confusing to find an effective method when we heard some elders and teachers said that young peoples in Lembongan island are lazy with lack of motivation to learn something...

So, we used monologue (role play), pictures, games and other creative media to explained climate change issue (which is very technical and high level) into grass root level, and the result was a dynamic meeting!

It was very great experiences to using popular communications on CO process that I have learned from SEAPCP...

Thank you,
Agung Wardana

2 comments:

Hassan Nasir said...

Hi Agung, I am really impressed to know that you actually used these tools to make young people more active. Can you please share more details as what role plays you used, what kind of pictures and games were used. And what were the processing questions for that.

Paul said...

Dear budding Jo Hann: Good work. Nice to hear you. Pl guide me what was the outcome and what was the research objective. regards papa Paul