Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Zola's CO stories from wintery Mongolia!

Greetings from Wintery Mongolia! The weather here is getting colder day by day, right now it's -25 celsius!!! I am hardly surviving... hehehe... in the afternoon -15 celsias...soon it's going to be -25 day time, -30-35 at night...........sooo cooooolllld....

Yes I am still working with the communities (we have communities in different parts of Mongolia). I am utilising the CO skills everyday. It is part of what we do. There is one video I shot during the flooding at the urban poor area where I work. I am not sure whether I sent you all this video, but anyway, this flood happened last July and many people lost the lives and homes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwrOKX96z3U If this link does not work please search on youtube "anukazola floud" the video will appear.
If you all interested i can send you the copy of documentary video which we've just produced (of course, not produced by us, we requested professional people).

I've also taught the communities how to use their mobile phones for basic video/snap shot in a disaster period. I run a CO workshop every other month. i am renewing the workshop module using the books which Johann gave us. Tomorrow i will send you the recent narrative report of the communities...



No comments: